Tuesday, October 12, 2010

QUT Student - Sam Boyd


Sam Boyd
D.O.B: 25th March 1988


Hey my names Sam, I am a 4th year Human Movement student currently in the process of finishing my last few course requirements. As for what got me into this degree, well it is an interesting story. Initially I tried a Bachelor of Engineering degree at UQ, which made sense due to most of my subjects been math’s orientated. However after a year of Engineering I realized it was not the path I wanted to take. As such I made a move to Human Movement and have never looked back.

I have always had a love for sport and for most of my life I have been a keen competitor. At the same time though I am always interested in learning more about advances in the field of exercise prescription. As such Human Movement was the perfect choice. During my studies I have found a great interest in clinical testing and research of clients to find out their exercise capabilities. My desire to help others improve their health is a definite driving force. As a result my career focus would likely be a clinical rehabilitation setting with possibly a move to elite performance training.

Currently my study goals are to gain as much practical experience as I can in various settings. This way I can really identify what area(s) interest me the most and aim to improve my knowledge as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment