Friday, October 1, 2010

New Prac Student - Damien Chamley


Hi, I’m Damien Chamley, a fourth year Nutrition & Dietetics / Human Movement Studies student at QUT gaining prac experience here at Fitnance. My interests in sport and fitness stem originally from an upbringing in Melbourne and an early exposure to the passionate (read: one-eyed) following of AFL clubs by Melbournians. My high school years, spent at a Brisbane GPS school with a vibrant sporting culture, introduced me to (and gave me a love for) volleyball, soccer, and particularly distance running. Through my experience competing in each of these sports, I’ve developed a respect for the work ethic and drive of many athletes, and for the impact sport and exercise can have on the physical and mental wellbeing of all people.

My love for sport now has me coaching a cross-country team, training for my first triathlon, and looking forward to soon finishing my degrees. In the future, I hope to be able to incorporate my skills as both a dietitian and exercise physiologist to work in the area of elite sport, while also promoting healthy lifestyles to those people who have not yet experienced the many benefits exercise and healthy diets can bring. Personally, though, my sights are firmly set on getting back under 35min for the 10km – hopefully it’s not too far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment