Thursday, June 17, 2010

Matt Jewell


If you see a new face in the gym, who is either eating or obviously not accustomed to being up and about at 6 in the morning, chances are it is me. I’m Matt, the work experience kid! I am currently studying Bachelor of Science, Human Movement at QUT, and am interested in the fitness industry, particularly strength and conditioning.

I completed my Certificate 3 in Fitness back in 2006, and decided I would like to understand the science of the human body how it works, so took up full time study. Last year I had to study resistance training as a subject at uni, and realised that is where my main passion lies. I now hope to make it in the industry as a strength and conditioning coach of a professional sports team, while achieving my own lifting goals.

I currently work at an ice-cream shop on Brisbane's northside, and find it frustrating having to serve people who probably shouldn't be having ice-cream. So doing my prac at Fitnance, it is a welcome change to be with like-minded people, doing work that I am passionate about.

If you see me around the place, need someone to talk about TV or the footy, need a spot, or someone to share some food with, stop and say Hi! I’m pretty friendly despite being half asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment