Tuesday, June 2, 2009


Gold Medallist – Melissa Mellor
After two long weeks of training, the Australian Open European Handball Team took out the Pacific Cup Championship in Brisbane last Saturday defeating New Zealand 31 – 11. The experience was amazing. One I will never forget! Having that gold medal placed around my neck at the age of 18 made me realise how special the experience was and to never give up. I also scored my first international goal from the pivot position and all I remember hearing was cheering from my family and friends. The smile on my face only grew bigger. The feeling of excitement and relief when the final siren went off had the whole Australian Team breaking out into song. The showers went off that night with us screaming ‘We are Australian’ echoing throughout the dressing rooms. This was an experience that I will never forget and all the training that came with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment